Voyages et Observations

Abordez dans ce forum tous les sujets liés aux voyages ou sorties ornithologiques : rapports, idées de destinations, informations sur les meilleurs sites , conseils, etc.

Changer de sujet : Page précédente | Suivant

Vacation at the Point of Medoc

Envoyé par : Bert Kasius (Adresse IP journalisée)
Date : Sat 24 January 2004 20:25:40

I want to plan a vacation to France around the end of april beginning of may. To watch the Springmigration.
If I look at the map of France I think a good spot should be at the point of Medoc.
Can somebody tells me if this is really a good spot to see Migration around this period ? Or do you recommend an other spot.
Do you know if there is a site on the Web where I can find some info for the best spots in this surroundings. Or you can send me some info.

Hope somebody can help me.

Regards,

Bert Kasius

Options : Repondre à ce message | Citer ce Message

Re: Vacation at the Point of Medoc

Envoyé par : ermine (Adresse IP journalisée)
Date : Sat 24 January 2004 21:16:42

Traduction: (Pour ceux qui ont un pb avec la langue de Shakespeare)

"Je programme un voyage en France fin avril-début mai, pour observer la migration de printemps.
Si je regarde une carte de France, je pense que la Pointe du Médoc devrait être un bon "spot".
Quelqu'un pourrait-il me dire si c'est effectivement le cas pour observer la migration à cette période?
Ou me recommandez-vous un autre "spot"?
Savez-vous s'il existe sur le web un site ou je pourrais trouver des infos sur les meilleurs "spots" dans les environs.
Ou peut-être pouvez-vous m'envoyer ces infos.

J'espère que quelqu'un pourra m'aider;

Envoyé par : Renaud Musier (Adresse IP journalisée)
Date : Mon 26 January 2004 14:09:52

Hello Bert,

The region of Medoc and particularly the Pointe de Grave (et the extremity of the estuary of Gironde) is indeed a good migrating spot in april-May. You can watch thousands of passerines, the Hobby, White Storks, Black Storks, WBlack Kites, Beetaers ...
There is a birding camp organized by the LPO (French association for the protection of Birds) from march to May to study the birds.
You can have more information (in french) at the URL : [www.lpo.fr]
[www.lpo.fr]

In addition, the wet zones on the edge of the estuary are very important nesting (Purple heron, Black Kite, White Stork : 130 nestings species) and wintering sites.
The reserve near the Nuclear Plant of Blayais can attact hundreds of migrating Ducks in Spring.

Envoyé par : Laurent (Adresse IP journalisée)
Date : Tue 27 January 2004 15:47:06

But it's a very hunted country, around the 1st of may.
And I think it's very unpleasant.

Envoyé par : nono roi des animo (Adresse IP journalisée)
Date : Thu 5 February 2004 13:27:41

you can visit TEICH near bordeaux or
maybe it's could be interresting to go in Pyrénéé ( more in the south of france than medoc ) to Organbideska.(I know it's very interesting in autumne but I don't know for april.

if you are not decided for the south, you can try Bretagne, for exemple OUESSANT.

Envoyé par : Laurent (Adresse IP journalisée)
Date : Thu 5 February 2004 13:43:14

If it was me, I'll go in Provence : Camargue and Alpilles.
It a wonderfull country, especially in april and beginning of may.
Black Stork, White Stork, Glossy Ibis, Caspian Tern, White-winged Tern, Flamingo (of course), Mediterranean Gull, Slender-billed Gull, Moustached Warbler, Bonelli's Eagle, Collared Flycatcher......... etc.

VERY INTERESTING.
(probably the most interesting country in april).

Another interesting country :
BAIE DE L'AIGUILLON, near La Rochelle (100 km north of Bordeau)

Désolé, seuls les utilisateurs enregistrés peuvent envoyer dans ce forum.
Afin d'éviter les problèmes de spams, une connexion préalable (indépendante de la connexion générale au site) est nécessaire avant de pouvoir envoyer ou répondre à un message.